Head of Quality, Safety, Environment, and Health (QSEH)
The Energy Efficient Solutions Group was born out of extensive experience gained in the lighting industry, actively promoting the energy saving benefits of LED lighting through our organisation Energy Saving Lighting. From this background, the Group has evolved to help further support our clients with their drive towards decarbonisation and Net Zero, providing a wide range of solutions including LED Lighting, Solar PV, Heating solutions, Electric Vehicle Charging and Air Purification.
The role reports to the Operations Director. The Head of Quality, Safety, Environment, and Health (QSEH) is responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining strategies, policies, and programs to ensure the highest standards of quality, safety, environmental sustainability, and health in the organisation. This role involves collaborating with various departments to achieve and maintain compliance with regulations, minimise risks, and enhance the overall well-being of employees and the environment.
- Strategic Leadership: Develop and communicate a clear vision and strategy for quality, safety, environment, and health within the organisation. Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) to monitor and report on the effectiveness of QSEH initiatives.
- Regulatory Compliance: Ensure adherence to all relevant laws and regulations related to quality, safety, environment, and health. Stay current with changes in regulations and adapt the organisation’s policies and practices accordingly.
- Quality Management: Develop and implement quality management systems and standards to ensure consistent product/service quality. Oversee quality control processes, audits, and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Safety and Health: Develop and promote a strong safety culture by implementing and enforcing safety programs, policies, and training. Lead efforts to prevent workplace accidents, incidents, and occupational health issues. Conduct risk assessments, site audits and spot checks and develop safety protocols and emergency response plans.
- Environmental Responsibility: Develop and implement environmental sustainability initiatives to minimise the organisation’s environmental footprint. Monitor and report on environmental performance and seek opportunities for improvement. Ensure the company are fully engaged with relevant auditory bodies and are focused on achieving relevant accreditations.
- Team Leadership: As the business growth continues develop a team of professionals responsible for QSEH functions. Provide coaching and mentorship to wider team members to ensure their continued development and performance improvement in Health and Safety and Environmental considerations.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, including clients, industry associations, and community groups. Represent the company in discussions related to QSEH matters.
- Data Analysis and Reporting: Collect and analyse data related to quality, safety, environment, and health performance, for auditing and compliance purposes. Prepare regular reports and presentations for senior management, potential bid input and client reporting.
- Chartered (IOSH) Health and Safety professional (or working towards / equivalent experience) with a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of all aspects of safety, health, environmental and quality assurance legislation, and risk management.
- Recent proven experience of working in a SHEQ role at a similar level and bringing about culture change within an organisation through influence and expertise.
- Deep understanding of OHAS 45001, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 and experience of completing audits against the standards and successfully implementing action plans and continuous improvement interventions in response.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced project and delivery environment, with the ability to plan and manage workloads to set deadlines.
- A collaborative, engaging and supportive approach.
- Proven experience in a senior QSEH role, ideally in a similar industry.
- In-depth knowledge of relevant regulations and standards.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Excellent Communication skills (both verbal and written) and adaptive in style to meet the needs of different clients and colleagues.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and cover letter to HR@eesgroup.co.uk In your cover letter, please provide details of your relevant experience and qualifications for the Head of QSEH role.
Energy Efficient Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds to apply.