solar pv designer
The Energy Efficient Solutions Group was born out extensive experience gained in the lighting industry, actively promoting the energy saving benefits of LED lighting through our organisation Energy Saving Lighting. From this background, the Group has evolved to further help support our clients with their drive towards decarbonisation and Net Zero, providing a wide range of solutions including LED Lighting, Solar PV, Heating solutions, Electric Vehicle Charging and also Air Purification.
The Role:We are looking for an experienced Solar PV Design Engineer to join our operational renewables team within this fast-growing sector of the market. You must be a self-starter with a professional attitude who relishes achieving great results. The work will include being responsible for the bespoke design of Solar PV Systems, EV chargers and Battery Systems.
- Responsible for designing quality electrical designs for the Solar PV systems we install, from feasibility to the handover/completion.
- Assisting with DNO notifications and providing MCS certificates.
- Work as part of a team with other technical designers, project managers and sales consultants, to create a cost-effective detailed technical design to meet specification.
- Provide guidance to any Solar PV technical queries that arise in the business.
- Always look to improve efficiency and reliability by, for example, looking to develop standard, reusable design patterns.
- Continually keeping up to date with relevant technologies to provide advice to the company on technology choices.
- Liaise with clients, contractors, and other internal teams.
Preferred skills required are:
- Knowledge and experience in designing renewable energy systems, including Solar PV.
- Knowledge of CAD, and Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge on Electrical regulations, 18th Edition, Cable Calculations.
- Full driver’s license.
- Passionate about renewables.
- Knowledge on products the company sells: EG: SMA, SolarEdge, JA Solar.