JOB TITLE: Bid Manager
LOCATION: Hybrid (Bracknell, UK)
REPORTING TO: Chief Commercial Officer
The Energy Efficient Solutions Group was born out of extensive experience gained in the lighting industry, actively promoting the energy-saving benefits of LED lighting through our organisation Energy Saving Lighting. From this background, the Group has evolved to further help support our clients with their drive towards decarbonisation and Net Zero, providing a wide range of solutions, including LED Lighting, Solar PV, Heating solutions, Electric Vehicle Charging and also Air Purification.
OVERVIEW OF JOB DESCRIPTION
The bid manager will be working in conjunction with the Sales Director and Chief Commercial Officer on developing processes and proposals to fulfil the requirements of business opportunities and tender responses at Energy Efficient Solutions Group.
Manage, develop and drive the submission of the best-in-class bids and commercial proposals to secure profitable and sustainable revenue for EES Group in line with agreed bid strategies, win themes and the delivery solution.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review, amend and implement processes to support the business in our pursuit to issue quality submissions in a timely manner.
- Appraise client pre-qualification and tender documentation to clearly capture objectives, bid requirements, risks and issues.
- Adhere to and help develop the internal bid governance processes, which uphold compliance for Bid/No-Bid decisions, senior approval for commercial bid models, legal reviews, and impact assessment of corporate commercial liabilities.
- Ensure the smooth running of the bid process to secure new or retained business opportunities, ensuring the bid team converts a client’s requirements into a compelling, governed, winning proposition within the known timescales and work in collaboration with subject matter experts and take full responsibility for the quality elements of the bid submission and author all, or specific parts, of the quality submission.
- For large/complex proposals, produce a bid plan and supporting bid development documentation which includes, but is not limited to, storyboards/answer plans, SWOT competitor analysis, risks and issues assessment, and lessons learnt log.
- Host, lead and support bid kick-off meetings/workshops and capture notes and actions to ensure follow-up activity where necessary.
- Produce and maintain a bid management library to include, but not limited to, case studies, testimonials, copies of bid submissions, presentations, and related materials.
- Support the sales team with a seamless handover of bid commitments to operational teams as part of the mobilisation process.
- Contribute to the development of innovation and operational continuous improvement to enhance the overall bid proposition for our solutions.
- Support with pre-tender related activity including, but not limited to, monitoring industry trends, monitoring tender portals, the production of client communication material, attendance of conferences/events.
- Establish and support business development processes such as an account management framework, commercial strategy activities, and client relationships.
- Liaise with sales and operational teams to identify best practice and local successes to inform case study development.
- Carry out relevant research to obtain information/details to allow written solutions to be developed and considered.
- Act as an ambassador for the bid management and commercial team, developing relationships with internal key stakeholders and improving the overall professional standing of the team within EES Group.
- Maintain professional development and continuous improvement to deliver best practice bid management methodology.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties.
- Proven ability to lead and develop a team.
- Ability to work well individually and as part of a team.
- Good at building relationships at all levels, from senior management to front-line operational colleagues.
- Excellent communicator, verbal and written English.
- Motivated and focused to deliver individual, team and company goals – a desire to win.
- Solid organisational skills, attention to detail and demonstrating a high level of quality in all work areas.
- Proactive, flexible, and the ability to problem solve under challenging conditions.
- Previous bid management experience.
- Highly skilled at using Microsoft Office products.
- Professional qualifications are an advantage.
- Ability to use Adobe products.
- Experience in energy solutions such as solar PV, and LED lighting.
Please note that EES Group is an equal opportunities employer, we do not discriminate and welcome all responses.