lead electrician – solar pv / renewable
We are a fast-growing and ambitious company that provides Public and Private Sector organisations with energy efficient solutions, including LED Lighting and Solar PV, to reduce carbon emissions and day-to-day energy costs.
We are a relaxed and modern organisation, and our customer focused culture is a big part of what makes us successful. We are flexible in our approach and strive to make our workplace inclusive, fun and fulfilling.
We are hiring an experienced professional with exceptional attention to detail and strong communication skills. You will be required to provide our customers with prompt, efficient service in a variety of situations. The successful candidate for this position will be required to install solar panels for our clients, and work in a safe and organised manner.
main responsibilities are:
- Significant experience with Solar installations
- Ensure correct installation processes are adhered to on new solar panels
- Delivery of projects to agreed timescales and ensuring all works are completed to the satisfaction of the customer
- Regular check ongoing and completed electrical work supporting the team with electrical issues through strong electrical problem-solving skills
- Be responsible for Health and Safety and risk management processes and the importance of ensuring following and understanding Risk Assessments and Method Statements, and particularly Working at Height
- Accountable for completion and submission of on-site paperwork.
- Monitor solar panels for operating efficiency and to detect defects.
The candidate will be an excellent communicator and hard worker and have the following requirements:
- You will have a recognised Solar PV qualification and have previously worked on solar panels or other renewable technologies.
- Fully qualified electrician with an 18th edition qualification
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment and or role
- Minimum 5 years of electrical installation experience and PV experience
- Full UK driving licence – essential
- DBS check and CSCS card essential
- Good communication skills and a commitment to customer care
- Good IT skills (daily electronic completions required)
- You are expected to familiarise yourself with the various health and safety requirements that apply to your role, function, site, security and the Company generally.
- Relevant legislation, professional standards and ethics that apply to the role must be considered when performing duties.
- Travel will be required.